Our Ethos Statement:
Recognising its historic foundation, St. Mary’s C of E Primary School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at Parish and Diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Our Mission Statement:
- Stimulate in every child a sense of curiosity and excitement about the world and to encourage them to search for truth, meaning and purpose in life.
- Educate pupils intellectually, socially, morally, aesthetically, physically and spiritually within a school based on the example of Jesus in the gospels.
- Show pastoral care, encouraging in pupils a sense of commitment, self-reliance, respect for others and a healthy self-esteem.
- Make prayer and worship a real educational experience.
- Provide a secure environment, physically and emotionally, in which all children are offered equal opportunities and are taught to value their own skills and abilities and those of others.
- Enable children to communicate effectively with one another and to frame their feelings, emotions and experiences in appropriate language, in order to support moral and spiritual development and engender respect for the personal and religious values of others.
- Teach courtesy, good manners and consideration of others.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum within a variety of learning environments that develop individual potential.
- Build positive relationships with our immediate school community, national and international community and for the school to be a hub of learning in the community.